bootp

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:40:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Will this printer work without the jetdirect software?  Which model is
> it?  We have several 4050's and 4500's and at least one 8000 series
> printer here in the district.  Telnet-ing to them is no problem here but
> I wasn't aware they would work without the jetdirect software.  I have
> to admit that was an assumption I (may incorrectly) have made but we
> have found them uncooperative outside the windows/jetdirect environment.

It's a 2100TN. I know there is JetAdmin but I didn't really think it was
needed to set up this printer. I thought it was a tool just like bootp
arp/rarp or telnet to set it up.

I'd call it silly to ask people to install JetAdmin to turn on bootp on the
printer so that you then can set up bootp. I guess I have to play with it some
more. I had installed JetAdmin before and I didn't find it helpful at all. It
never detected the printer on my network.

mk