little soldiers - msft

Bennett, Daniel daniel.bennett@jnli.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:24:49 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFF747.2AE9EAD8

	The act of focusing solely the atrocities of World War II and
shunning objective analysis of the conditions and actions that led to them
prevent us from understanding them well enough to avoid a repeat of
history.. Take your pick.. Either hide from history or use it to understand
the present..

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew R Keen [mailto:keenandr@pilot.msu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 5:12 PM
To: kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Cc: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: Re: little soldiers - msft

Wow, you actually compared a corporate sponsorship of an organization that
helps disadvantaged youths to a tool of a fascist state responsible for
millions of deaths and atrocities?

It boggles the mind. Equating a PR stunt with Nazi behavior trivializes the
suffering of the victims of atrocity.

-ark

> Somehow this resembles the world of Nazi era? Microsoft recruiting little
girl
> and boys to fight piracy.
>
>     http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/000726/ca_microso.html
>
> Oh and then they got that _generous_ donation of measly 300 thou over _3_
year
s.

--

|-Andrew Keen