little soldiers - msft

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk@voyager.net
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:49:27 -0400

I don't get it - MS donates 300,000 to a non-profit organization, and you think that is fascist? I believe the article states that the Police seized the software, not the kids. The kids just helped with the PR stuff. Maybe MS (as a producer of software that costs money) is trying to show children the extent of Software Piracy at a young age, to get them to hopefully not steal software. Is it that different from trying to get a young child to use Linux/FreeBSD to promote the future of open source? To quit blathering, I think it is sad that MS decides to do a good thing (although it is surely for PR) and they are acused of being fscking NAZIs. Sad.