little soldiers - msft

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:02:46 -0400 (EDT)

> I believe Marcel was trying to make the point that MS is using the children to
 make
> a point that the children do not understand completely.  MS is exploiting the
> charity to a politcal end.  In this fashion, the children are simply tools; th
eir
> position is devalued to nothing more than corporate BS.  It's about manipulati
on and
> exploitation; obviously, not to the extent of the WWII era.  However, there ar
> similarities.
>
> Just my $0.02
>
> -Ben

Ben seemed to pick out exactly what I was trying to express. Children(of who we
not know which age group they come from) might not even have the
understanding of a copyright and therefore neither of piracy. MS used the
children. There was absolutely no link between the children and MS software
and its piracy. The children are in need of life essentials and most likely
don't give anything about a Office 2000 copy. They care about where their
next glass of milk comes from. Now I wonder who came up with this stunt. I
doubt it was the children themselves. Therefore the similarity to the Hitler
Jugend(Youth) I was referring to. I may guess that that most members of that
organization neither had formed the idea of prosecuting "ill" humans within
their neighborhoods. It was lead to them by the leaders of history.

Basically I was just trying to point out that children do not understand
the reach of many of their actions. I doubt these children understood that
they are used as puppets in support of MS as back then the Hitler Jugend
was used to further the power of the Nazi regime.

I am sorry I seem to have again send a controversial note to the list. I
do care about many issues and don't intend to upset anybody but I
thought this was a highly unethical situation which stuck out like a
sore thumb.

mk

--
Marcel Kunath

 Montie House Network            Greater Lansing Linux Users Group
  http://www.montiehouse.com      http://www.gllug.org