SCSI troubles (of the UW variety)

T.C. Mingus mingusti@acm.cse.msu.edu
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 21:59:46 -0400 (EDT)

Okay, here's my problem. I have an Adaptec 2940UW controller.
I have narrow ZIP 100, CW-7502 Burner, and a NEC 502 CD-rom.

On the UW side, I have a pair of identical 4.5G UW SCSI HD's.

First only one drive would ID, then neither would. The narrow side is
fine, but I also notice the Ultra cable has some bent pins. When I use the
"M" jumper, it spins up the drives, so I know the mechanics are ok, and
all the narrow devices ID with  no problem. I also flashed the Controller
with the 2.20.0 BIOS... And that went fine.

I'm suspecting either a bad cable, or a bad cable plug on the controller.
Anyone ever had this happen? I'm gonna try to find a new cable tomrrow, or
should I just write off this controller? :(

Thanks!