more scsi qs

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

> Normally 1502 cards don't support PnP--they have hardwired
> settings with jumpers.  Is yours a PnP version?  I've never seen
> one.
>
> > Well I haven't gotten it to work yet but I just figured I forgot something.
Do
> > I have to set up /etc/isapnp.conf file for it as well to get it recognized?
So
> > far I only compiled module, changed /etc/conf.modules and /etc/lilo.conf.
>
> Normally the BIOS will set it up for you, unless you set ``PnP
> aware OS'' to ``Yes'' in the BIOS.  You normally only need
> isapnputils if your BIOS is not PnP aware.

Well there was output in isapnp.conf so I figure it may use that output. =) It
may sound like I make things difficult but the machine is halfway around the
world and it's not the easiest task for me to do this over the distance.
Therefore I am just trying to test out any solution to avoid making my friend
take out the card and check it out herself or touch the bios.

Well thanks for all the advise so far. I let you know if I ever get this thing
recognized. I attached the isapnp.conf file

mk

# $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.18 1999/02/14 22:47:18 fox Exp $

# Trying port address 0203
# Board 1 has serial identifier ca f8 ae 12 46 02 15 90 04

# (DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)
(VERBOSITY 2)
(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING

# Card 1: (serial identifier ca f8 ae 12 46 02 15 90 04)
# Vendor Id ADP1502, Serial Number 4172157510, checksum 0xCA.
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 1.1
# ANSI string -->Adaptec AVA-1502AP      <--
#
# Logical device id ADP1502
#     Device support I/O range check register

(CONFIGURE ADP1502/4172157510 (LD 0
#     ANSI string -->SCSI Controller<--

# Multiple choice time, choose one only !

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
#             Minimum IO base address 0x0140
#             Maximum IO base address 0x0140
#             IO base alignment 32 bytes
#             Number of IO addresses required: 32
(IO 0 (SIZE 32) (BASE 0x0140) (CHECK))
#       IRQ 11.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt
(INT 0 (IRQ 11 (MODE +E)))

#     End dependent functions
 (NAME "ADP1502/4172157510[0]{SCSI Controller     }")
(ACT Y)
))
# End tag... Checksum 0x00 (OK)

# Returns all cards to the "Wait for Key" state
(WAITFORKEY)

# end of file