My tape drive makes back its cost...

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
15 Jun 2000 01:34:26 -0400

basher584 <basher584@usol.com> writes:

[...regarding tape drives...]

> What type do you have?

Sony SDT-9000.  Takes DDS-3 12 GB tapes.

> I have been looking into getting one sinced I accidently wiped
> out my partitions when one of my HD crashed..The Onstreams seem
> very nice..

They're cheap, at least.  I don't know how reliable they are.

> What backup program do you use? tar, cpio, BRU, ARKIEA?

A tar-based hack of my own along with dds2index/dds2tar to make
file retrieval quick and easy.
--
"Implementation details are beyond the scope of the Java virtual
 machine specification.  One should not assume that every virtual