My tape drive makes back its cost...

basher584 basher584@usol.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:16:23 -0400

If I remeber correctly the Onstream marketing stuff all said that the
bit Error was 10^15 on DDS and 10^19 on Onstream and DLT.  And that
onstream was better than DLT becuase it doesn't pull the tape over the
head like DLT does.  Onstream doesn't support Stackers though.. (Not a
big concern for me.. :)

I'd definatly like to know someone that has actually used it (and others

drives to compare against..)

The VXA/66GB tape drive definatly looks interesting.. but that is quite
expensive and I only have about 10GB worth of data and 22-28GB worth of
drive space.

Ben [Noggle]