(OT) E-mail

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 06:11:41 -0400

On Sun, Aug 03, 2036 at 07:50:14AM -0400, Mike Szumlinski wrote:
> Just out of curiosity...
>
> I just noticed that when I send e-mail to the list, which then sends it
> back to me, the date tag is some time in 1945 (y2k? I thought it was a
> hoax). Most likely it is my mail client, but I was wondering if it was
> only on stuff I send to myself or if everyone got my anachronous e-mail.
>
> -Mike

	I think the problem is with your client.

Subject: (OT) E-mail
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 00 01:21:58 -0400
x-mailer: Claris Emailer 2.0, March 15, 1997
From: Mike Szumlinski <szumlins@pilot.msu.edu>
To: <linux-user@egr.msu.edu>

	The time/date stamp looks fine.  It might be
	worth upgrading to the latest version to see
	if it goes away.

	Also, and I doubt if this is your problem but
	it may be worth mentioning, when Mac firmware
	loses the date (typically due to a dead battery)
	it will revert to a default date on bootup.
	I believe the date is like 8/26/52, but it might
	be earlier.  I heard somewhere that it's Steve
	Jobs' birth date.  That'd be about par for the
	egomaniacal course.

PaulM

PS - for Linux/X11 screenshots, if your window manager supports it, you
     can use ksnapshot

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us