DNS Hosting

Paul Donahue donahu16@msu.edu
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:32:02 -0400

I too have had problems recently with the public DNS. I registered a domain
name and set it up properly (have done twice before) and it still did not
resolve after 2 weeks from anywhere, therefore I think there's some issues
with The Public DNS's systems. So.... since linux can do just about
ANYTHING, I just installed the BIND packages and setup my own DNS servers.
It's pretty cool and fairly easy to setup initally, and really nice and easy
to make updates to!  Also a general FYI
http://www.discountdomainregistry.com/ offers domain names for $15 per year
which as cheap as I've seen it for individual registrations. Plus their
tools for setting up the initial Name servers. It also has a neet tool where
you can create a name server ie. ns.the-idiots.org  which is my name server
for my domain "the-idiots.org"  (hey it was not taken so why the hell not?!)
Anyways good luck

Paul Donahue                      aka  root@the-idiots.org  (ahh my pride)
Computer Science Student
Michigan State University