Napster at MSU?

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
01 Mar 2000 16:58:04 -0500

"Jeremy Bowers" <bowersj2@msu.edu> writes:

> I experience this in McDonel, I experience this in the Nisbet building, and
> I experience this in the engineering building.  Am I the only one who thinks
> the network's shot around here during the day?

During the night, too.  I was running an ssh-tunneled X session
to mulder.egr last night, and sometimes it would stop randomly,
along with the rest of the network, for minutes at a time.  It
got to the point where I pulled up an xterm in the background and
ran a continuous `ping' so that I could see the network stop
when the window didn't scroll anymore.

Of course, this might just be some sort of Case Hell DHCP
lossage.  It's been know to weird out on occasion.  But stuff
like this has been happening off and on for a couple weeks now.

--
Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)