meeting places

Edward Glowacki glowack2@key-largo.cl.msu.edu
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 23:02:03 -0500 (EST)

I think your questions have been addressed in the past.  Maybe we should
make up a short FAQ for the web page with this stuff, anybody?

Not everyone in the group is from MSU.  Also, registering as a student
organization, while having its benefits, also has drawbacks.  Student
groups would have a harder time allowing the participation of non-MSU
people, and having both an MSU group and a Lansing group would basically
shrink the participation and knowledge base of both groups.  Also, parking
on MSU campus is often a pain, and it is often not right next to the
building, so bringing in machines to demo becomes more difficult.  As for
projectors and big screens, I don't know of that many rooms with them are
available for our use more-or-less by the general public.  And the
meetings really aren't all that far away, maybe a 10 minute car ride, and
we generally provide rides to meetings if people need them.  At some
point, chances are that we'll have a meeting or two on campus in hopes of
drawing some more of the MSU crowd, and maybe get a steady meeting place
would be good so we can rotate between all three.

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services