sql

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:57:50 -0500 (EST)

Well I send two emails to the list this morning but they didn't make it. Oh
well not that important.

Ok, reading a site called webmonkey and seeing some examples of mysql and
php3. I am just trying to get some things to go. Now I had some security
concerns. I protected my mysql with a password for root user and any other
user. This causes me to put a password into my php3 files when I try to connect
to my sql server? Right? So how is it prevented or how do I prevent that
anybody ever finds out the password or username? Can't it happen?

I am just learning this so I love any thoughtful tips.

PS: I got the book "mysql and msql" (O'Reilly) for Xmas. I like the fact that
they try to explain what databasing actually is at the start. I
don't like that fact that they have so many openly visible mistakes in the
book. It makes me wonder how many more (to me) invisible mistakes there are. I
also was disappointed to have them more discuss msql than mysql. Then they
spend too much time discussing all the methods u can use mysql with cgi, c,
php, w3msql, perl, python. The rest is the API. I wish they would have
concentrated
a bit more on teaching about databases than give much of the other stuff. (just
my book review)

But overall I am happy because the book helped me give mysql another go after I
had trouble with the administration at first.

 Thanks,  Marcel Kunath

 Montie House Network            Greater Lansing Linux Users Group
  http://www.montiehouse.com      http://www.gllug.org