On call?

Mr Coffee vegis@hotmail.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:59:06 GMT

Anyone here ever work on an on-call basis?  What are your
positive and negative feelings about it?  I've been asked whether
I'd be willing to do on-call admin work for a campus computer
lab[1].

well i have a teacher who works as one of those hall guys that does the
administration work for the halls like brody and mason abbot.  Yes I believe
you get a pager (atleast he did) and hes alawys complaining about being call
because theres nothing stoping them from paging you at 3 in the morning.  Or
if your out with family or friends or whatever. so there are ups and downs

                           - Stuart