linux business

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:19:59 -0500 (EST)

question to the Linux trading pit:

I am not sure how many of you tech people are watching the
markets and particularly the Linux stocks but I just wondered what you thought.

I mean even with the late drops many are still trading at hundred times
earnings. I see RedHat quite near its bottom at the 60 mark as off right now.
Corel is three times it's 52-week low right now which doesn't seem too high for
the potential they got with their Linux business.

I am just wondering what others think on the short and long term profitability
on the Linux companies and their stocks. When do you see them making money? Or
when do you see them gain enough market share to stabilize their stock price?

I am just wondering if all the hyper day traders are finally out of the Linux
stocks so that the serious Linux people can secure their investments in them.

New distros coming out in August will feature a lot improvements and I already
see a second hype come aboard.

  -- Marcel Kunath