bad news for cable modems in Lansing

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Mon, 01 May 2000 12:23:21 -0400

Mark Szidik <szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us> 05/01/00 11:59AM:

> This is from the general Mananger of ATT cable Lansing:

>>Mark,
>>
>>[snip]  We are tentatively shooting
>>to get started by year end,

This is what they (then MediaOne) told me in 1997.  And 1998.
My apartment at home is (supposedly) wired for "Broadband"
(they came and re-wired the place in 1997), but beyond that
nothing has happened in my area (west side).  Perhaps it should
be called "Vaporband"... :(   "Broadvapor"?  "AT&Vapor"?

>>Regards,
>>John Rawcliffe

> With fuzzy talk like that, I figure it will never arrive.

I'm not holding my breath.

I heard a radio add last week for a DSL company, www.rhythm.com
(or www.rhythms.com, one of the two).  They aren't in Lansing,
but they do aparently serve people in Detroit.  Perhaps we can
get multiple DSL companies in the area.

I am so sick of 56K dialup I could just scream.  Many of the
surrounding cities have it, yet I can't get anything above 4.6K/s.

> Anybody else want to work with me on the letter?

Sure, if I can get the time.