k6-2 300 mhz

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 09:50:22 -0400

This is more of a motherboard issue, so check the chipset
of it.  The K6-2 series generally use a chipset that can
handle PC100 memory.  The plain K6 motherboards were
generally PC66 only.

>>> "Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> 05/04/00 09:45AM >>>
Anybody else think the memory evolution is a mess? I mean its all nice about
choice and innovation but I wish they stick to some type of guideline.

Can I use PC 100 SDRAM with a amd k6-2 300 mhz system?

Just ran across this:
  PC66 SDRAM modules
       (For Pentium / PII & K6 systems 120MHz to 333MHz - With
                    66MHz Bus)

  PC100 SDRAM modules
       (For PII/PIII & K6, Athlon K7 systems
                350MHz - 1000MHz - With 100MHz Bus)

But then I see one some website a system sold with K6-2 300 MHZ and PC 100
memory. Contradiction?

  -- Marcel