Networking

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Sat, 6 May 2000 10:39:39 -0400 (EDT)

Im not sure about tci@home but im pretty sure it works. I believe they
used to have a proprietary tcp/ip stack but I think they changed it or
there is a hack available for it.

Make sure its okay with them that you are doing it. I thought they were
the ones that were anal about machines running behind it.

You can do a couple of things with the filesharing. you can either point
both the samba and netatalk to share the same directories. (you can lose
the resource fork because windows doesnt use it, ie be careful with
applications) or you can get DAVE for the Mac (thursby software I believe
makes it, or used it..there was a buy out in there last year) which is a
windows networking client. I was thinking windows networking support was
built-in to MacOS 9.x with the new version of the Network application
(not through the chooser which is being replaced), but I dont have Windows
running, to be able to test it.