smb

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Sat, 6 May 2000 10:43:39 -0400 (EDT)

There was something tricky with the encrypted passwords. I never set up
samba, but i just remember seeing a lot of other people having problems
setting it up and getting auth to work, because of the "encryption" that
windoze uses. I would guess you probably had it all set up correctly and
but had windows trying to send an encrypted password that samba couldnt
understand.

I believe this problem was fixed a while back and included in the Samba
distro.