Samba question (with unlikely solution)

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Mon, 08 May 2000 10:52:57 -0400

I have a game under Win98 (SimCity 3000) which requires the
CD to be in the CD drive to play.  I made an ISO of the
CD on my server, loop-mounted it, and then shared that out
via Samba.  I mapped a drive in Win98 to that ISO mount and
actually installed the game from it.  When I go to run the game,
however, it still looks for a CD in the CD drive (even though
it is a different drive letter from the ISO mapped drive).  Is
there any way to trick Windows in to thinking that the network
drive map is a CD rom drive?

I'm guessing I can't, but might as well try.