corel linux

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Mon, 08 May 2000 13:13:56 -0400

Ben Pfaff wrote:

> You want to use apt.  First use `dpkg', the basic package
> manager, to make sure that apt is installed:
>         dpkg -s apt

Yes indeed - it's there

>  Otherwise, set
> up an apt `sources' file.  This is /etc/apt/sources.list.  You
> might already have one.  Some sensible contents would be the
> following:
>
> deb ftp://debian.egr.msu.edu/debian stable main contrib
> deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

This file had some corel related stuff that gave errors with apt-get
update.  We #'d them and added the above.

> and actually install packages along with all their dependencies
> with
>         apt-get install mozilla

We get an error that an update to xmms is needed that apt-get cannot
find a source for.  xmms appears to be a winamp type package.  Anyone
have any ideas where we can find this package - or can we force an
install without it.  We don't really need winamp unless it breaks
other things to force an install without it.

Thanks

Mike