Cable modems in Lansing - Update

Mark Szidik szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:18:10 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:21:01 -0700
From: "Rawcliffe, John" <Rawcliffe.John@broadband.att.com>
To: 'Mark Szidik' <szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us>
Subject: RE: Cable modems in Lansing

Mark,
We were scheduled to launch on October 3, and completed all the work
necessary on the system in preparation for the launch.  Two weeks before our
launch date Ameritech advised us that they could not provide the high speed
circuits we need to connect to the regional @Home data center.  These
circuits were ordered 150 days in advance of our launch.  We are working
with Ameritech to get a service date, and investigating other options, but
at this point, I do not have a revised launch date.

Regards,
John Rawcliffe
General Manager
AT&T Broadband