Cable modems in Lansing - Update

Jeremy Rickard rickard3@cse.msu.edu
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:59:01 -0500 (EST)

> Mark,
> We were scheduled to launch on October 3, and completed all the work
> necessary on the system in preparation for the launch.  Two weeks before our
> launch date Ameritech advised us that they could not provide the high speed
> circuits we need to connect to the regional @Home data center.  These
> circuits were ordered 150 days in advance of our launch.  We are working
> with Ameritech to get a service date, and investigating other options, but
> at this point, I do not have a revised launch date.

if we've learned anything from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, it's that
everything can be solved with the thunderdome. i can picture it now..

two giant monopolies enter...one giant monopoly leaves.

Ameritech and AT&T(the two companies I hate more than anything else in
this world) could fight it out with chainsaws and stuff, while the general
public watches and cheers their destruction. quality entertainment..