Windows 2000 Installathon

David Lee Lambert lamber45@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:54:00 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Jeff Goeke-Smith wrote:

> > Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu> writes:
> >
> > > I saw a sign in the engineering building that
> > studentdev.org is going to
> > > be hosting a Windows 2000 Installathon and handing out 250
> > free copies of
> > > Windows 2000 if they install it on your computer and you

> > It would be nice to take my P100/96MB/1GB to it and see them try
> > to install it :-)

> Oh, you could install it.  But it would take about 3 hours to get out of the
> text based stuff at the begining.  I'm pretty sure you could even boot it
> after the install, that is if you had an evening to waste.  Probably the
> biggest app you could run would be notepad.

That's funny ... my 486-33/24MB/250MB runs a lot more than Notepad under
Win95,  i.e. Borland C++, Wordperfect 7, and TeraTerm.  Of course,  my
K5-75/48MB/2GB running Linux compiles C++ programs ten times faster...

I think it's a shame that Microsoft won't support running Windows 2000 on
my mom's 386-SX laptop.  After all,  the display may be cracked,  but it
has a built-in Ethernet adaptor,  which Linux had drivers for...

--
DLL