[GENERAL] GT.M database open sourced (fwd)

Mark Szidik szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:27:16 -0500 (EST)

Below is a message posted to the postgres open source database mailing
list.  Comments?

Mark Szidik
System Administrator           Ph: 517.694.4242 x17  Fax: 517.694.9303
Michigan Library Consortium    http://www.mlc.lib.mi.us

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:09:13 -0500
From: Adam Lang <aalang@rutgersinsurance.com>
To: PGSQL General <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] GT.M database open sourced

Actually, I liked this quote: ""By making our database technology and
programming language available on the GNU/Linux platform, we inherit a
worldwide group of programming and testing resources that will cooperate
with us, while working on their own behalf to enhance the software.
Potentially, this opens a new revenue stream for Sanchez," said K.S.
Bhaskar, vice president of Sanchez' Greystone Group."

Basically they are looking for the community to code and test the x86
version, and they will port code and fixes to their other platforms to sell.
It seems like an attempt at downsizing the development team. ;)

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company