Meeting thoughts

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:00:08 -0500 (EST)

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Edward Glowacki wrote:
>
> > any other topics, I will present a series of short topics as outlined
> > below:
> >
> > I. Introduction to the [backspace] key.
> > II. Writing C source code for Linux using Microsoft Word
> > III. "Don't touch that screen", a cautionary tale of monitor fingerprints
> > IV. Introduction to the [space bar] key.
> > V. Slideshow: Neat background colors for your desktop
> > VIM
> > VII. Landscape or Portrait: Which is a better way to orient your mouse pad?
>
> HELLO! COULD YOU ADD A SHORT SECTION ON USING THE CAPS LOCK KEY TOO, THANK
> YOU! THE MYSTERY OF THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTANCE!
>
> FOR MY CONTRIBUTION I WILL BE PRESENTING AN EXTENSION TO THE ABOVE
> PROPOSED SECTION I, ENTITLED "WHAT TO DO IF [BACKSAP^H^HPACE}^H]
> DOESNT^H`T^H^H^H NOT BACKSPACE^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HERASE CHAR^H^H^H^HSTUFF.
>
> I HOPE MARCEL CAN ATTEND AND MAYBE TRADE SOME TRICKS.

Well I do still have this keyboard problem in pilot on my Linux boxen. I'd love
to know what the problem is but maybe its one of those things you figure out
after years of experience.......... So far I learned to write my emails up in
XEmacs first and then copy them over once done. This has the good side affect
that I tend to read my writings a few times over before I hastily send them. I
tend to flame less now due to the increased effort which goes into writing
emails. =)

PS: I prefer my mosue pads at 90deg angle.

mk