[OT] Re: rebuilding kernel for the first time

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:38:35 -0500 (EST)

LOL, its FreeBSD not FeeBSD :) And Daniel, 4.2 is out :)

To all:  I'll give out free copies of the first cd which has the
installer, base OS stuff, source, and the most common packages for free
after thanksgiving break (left my cdr at home, doh!) to anyone who wants
one and is willing to tell me the best way to get it to them.  The other 3
cd's in the set contain other packages, recovery stuff, maybe more.  I'd
part with copies of those for 50 cents each once I get my set in the mail
(or free if you supply the cd's).

Highlights: ATA100 support out of the box, HPT370, Promise, and 3Ware IDE
raid support, tagged queueing support on some ATA IBM drives (only known
os with this feature?), more support for ide, scsi, raid, network, and
sound chipsets, some usb scanner and modem support.
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.2-RELEASE/RELNOTES.TXT