rebuilding kernel for the first time

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:15:00 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Barb Ebel wrote:
> Oh sure, and how much does that cost?  Remember I'm a poor college student
> who's just thrown away $30 that could have been spent on ramen.

Before the LUG was formed, and before I had high-speed internet
access, I too bought Linux on CD-ROM, the nice big 4 disc set that
had something like 3-4 different distributions (yes, full
distributions!) on it plus a whole big archive of Linux software.
I think I played with it for a day or two, got one distro installed,
and now it sits in a desk drawer.  =P

The best way to get CD-ROM's now is to ask the list and someone
can usually burn you discs at $1/each and bring them to the next
meeting.

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services