rebuilding kernel for the first time

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:46:24 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Leonard G. Warden IV wrote:
> As for installing FreeBSD 4.1 -- I'll do that when it supports my Xircom
> RealPort 56K/100Mbs "out of the box". (That should offend a few *BSDers!)

FreeBSD is getting there.  It's always been behind in driver support
compared to Linux, but it seems to really be catching up the last
few releases.  For example, in 4.2:

Xircom CreditCard adapters(16bit) and workalikes
    Accton EN2226/Fast EtherCard (16-bit verison)
    Compaq Netelligent 10/100 PC Card
    Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 Mobile Adapter (16-bit verison)
    Xircom Realport card + modem(Ethernet part)
    Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100
    Xircom CreditCard 10Base-T "CreditCard Ethernet Adaptor IIps" (PS-CE2-10)
    Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + modem (Ethernet part)

Looks like there's kernel support for part of your card anyways.
I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it's there.

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services