Quick question

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:14:56 -0500 (EST)

Sounds to me like a general reverse lookup DNS problem.  Make sure every
machine involved has a working dns server listed in /etc/resolv.conf or
/etc/hosts which list a hostname and ip for every computer involved.  When
you connect to most unix services, they try to reverse lookup your
hostname and ip and will stall for a minute or two trying to do so.