Debian, Apache, plus CGI execute problem

Nick Lewis lewisnic@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:08:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Sean wrote:

>Do you have the proper permissions and ownership on the files? It
>wont execute them with your user permissions.

I've tried changing owner to be www-data (who the web server runs as) and
root, and they give the same error with my php pages.

>Also typically CGI's are only allowed to execute in the the /cgi-bin
>directory because of permissions set in the apache config file and knowing
>debian they probably arent allowed to run at all which also might be the
>problem for php.

I've unfortunately, enabled cgi access for everything right now, and am
going to lock it back down once I figure out the setting that allows it to
work (actually, fix all "All" options enabled and things like that).
Thanks. Nick.