2 questions - win2k and samba - diald and michnet

sokertes@linuxfreemail.com sokertes@linuxfreemail.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:55:46 -0700

I have 2 questions that I am working on.

The first one is a 2 part.
I have a RH6.2 samba server with the latest samba-2.0.7 installed. I am able to see and access samba shares but have to manually supply password for them all the time.

1-A)Is there a way to get roaming profiles for win2k logging into samba and if there is how?

1-B)How do you get mapped drives from samba server password to hold. Like when you log in with win95\98 and the mapped drives are already reconnected due to logging in to samba. Everytime I log into win2k I have to type in passwords.

Im not sure but i think the two will resolve if I can get the roaming profile situation resolved.

2)Does anybody know if msu's michnet radius allows scripts like diald? If so whats the secret to getting it done. I have tried for over a 2 weeks changing and tweaking the config files trying to get it to work. It dials up.... tries to negotiate and dies. Like it doesn't like diald scripts or the script is not giving the information that it needs to logon.

Thanks in advance guys

Jack

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!