FTP Client and Server

Alex Morris egore100@hotmail.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:27:00 GMT

Well, I finally got a network up and running at home (borrowing a hub...).
Anyway, I have FreeBSD 4.<something> on one computer and Win2k on the other.
  Does anyone have suggestions on what I could use in FreeBSD to set up an
FTP server and what I could use for an ftp client?  I'm trying my hardest to
never configure X on the FreeBSD machine, so I need console programs.  I'm
assuming that the man pages will be plenty to get me running once I know
what proggie to use, but if you'd like to point me to a web site with more
info it never hurts.

Oh, as a follow-up to my last FreeBSD questions, I can now mount my CD-ROM
and HDD's, and I had no problem converting root to use bash (well, I had to
spend several minutes in "man vi" but it all worked out in the end).  :-)

Now if only I could set up my printer (USB) and learn TeX, then I'd be well
on my way to doing something useful...  Speaking of printing, does anyone
know what it takes to get FreeBSD to be able to print to a printer across
the network?  I'm assuming I'd need Win2k to set up some sort of print
server, or can I share the printer and print to it without a print server?
If worse comes to worse, I'll have to set up a print server in FreeBSD and
have Win2k be the one printing across the network.

* Sorry for the babbling. *

Thanks,
Alex