SWAT

Alex Morris egore100@hotmail.com
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:56:18 GMT

Considering there has been no activity lately, I thought I'd ask a question.
  I was reading through the man pages for samba and swat (on my FreeBSD 4.0
box), and I got to the part where I was supposed to go to Netscape and type
in:

http://localhost:901/

This was supposed to open up a SWAT window (I did add an entry to one of the
config files to set SWAT on port 901).  I wish I could tell you exactly what
config files I have already tried adding entries to, but I'm at work and am
on an NT4 box, so I don't have access to FreeBSD...  Anyway, Netscape would
load a blank page and then pop up a message box telling me that the
requested document is empty.

Am I missing some sort of dependencies or something here?  inetd is running
and I have smbclient installed on my computer, so I'm assuming that samba
itself is also installed.  Does anyone have any advice on what I could try
here?  I will get home around 5:15pm so I can answer any specific questions
about what I was doing at that time.

Thanks,
Alex