SWAT

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:40:21 -0400

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 06:56:18PM +0000, Alex Morris wrote:
> Am I missing some sort of dependencies or something here?  inetd is running
> and I have smbclient installed on my computer, so I'm assuming that samba
> itself is also installed.  Does anyone have any advice on what I could try
> here?  I will get home around 5:15pm so I can answer any specific questions
> about what I was doing at that time.

	Did you add a line for 901/tcp to /etc/services?

	If you didn't specify otherwise in /etc/inetd.conf
	swat will look for its files in /usr/local/samba/swat
	Is this path correct on your system?  Also, swat
	will assume that /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf is
	the location of your smb.conf file, is this also
	correct?

	Swat requires user authentication (unless run with
	`-a`) to access the interface.  Does your smb.conf
	file have at least one user defined in it?

	Just some suggestions.  Hope something hits for you.

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us