huray I am up and running Linux 6.2

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:17:11 -0400

1.  X video modes:  I find it easiest to get out of X and
run "XF86Setup".  I'm not sure if KDE has a resolution changing
app or not.  You may configure several resolutions here, then
switch between them in X using a particular keystroke.

2.  See Ben's email

3.  I don't know.  I'm not a big KDE guy.

4.  You created a "swap partition", not a swap file (unless
you are referring to something else).  64 megs is probably
fine.  I've seen various rules on how big it should be, but
I don't think there is one exact rule for everyone.  If
you are doing real memory intensive things (or just
running Netscape), you may find that 64+64 may not be
enough.

>>> Travis Austin <travis.austin@acd.net> 09/12/00 01:27PM >>>
Now for the questions.   How do I change video modes in X?  I am using KDE if
you know of an easy way from there.  I love it.  It is working just the way it
is supposed to be.

Also how do u install a tar.gz file????   The RPG ones are really easy but the
other installs are confusing me.

How do you add stuff to the (forgive me for calling it this) start bar.   Or K
bar I guess I should say.   I can drag them into the quick launch area but I
want them to be in the start menu...

I created my swap file at 64 megs.   Is that too small??  I am running 64 megs
of ram.

Thanks for all our help

Travis