Internet sharing with linux and win98 machines

Donald Chorman dchorman@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:40:16 -0700

    The two NICs I have are 3Com model 3C450. These two NICs came with in a
kit made called "HomeConnect" or something like that. I have a hub as well
(came with the kit). The cable dude is supposed to be here tomorrow morning
(saturday). For now, I am going to hook up the Windows box to the modem, and
run BlackIce for security. I'm not too sure on how secure Blackice is, but I
don't plan on leaving the machine running unless I'm going to use it. Too many
T-storms around here for my taste.
    When I get the hardware straightened out. I will backup my Windows
environment, and try setting up the network. Would it be a good idea to
download the latest version of RH (6.2 I think), and run that instead of 6.0?
If not, then what distro do you think would be the easiest ( I have a feeling
that this question in particular might start a huge thread.)?  Also, can't I
download the ISO and burn it to a cd?
    I can't wait to set this up. I would try to do it this weekend, but I have
a circuits exam on monday, so there goes the weekend.

Thanks,
Don