Kernel Question

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
18 Sep 2000 14:49:39 -0400

Paul Melson <melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us> writes:

> 	Linux kernel release 2.2.17 came out two weeks
> 	ago and contains some bugfixes for 2.2.16.
> 	However, what it doesn't contain are the kernel
> 	drivers for RealTek 8139 cards, which I was
> 	planning on using in some new hardware we're
> 	rolling out here at Holt.

I don't know where you got your 2.2.17 kernel from, but the one
that I downloaded from marvin.pa.msu.edu a couple minutes ago
certainly does have a drivers/net/rtl8139.c and the appropriate
configuration option in drivers/net/Config.in.  So I think you're
wrong: Linux 2.2.17 *does* contain a Realtek 8139 driver.