.

Jason Justman justmanj@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:31:21 -0400

I do remember a while back ago (redhat6.2?) that there were some problems with
using PUMP for a dhcp client on the MSU network.  This problem might have been
fixed for the on-campus connectivity.  And since you are running on EOB (ethernet
over broadband), PUMP might still be picky.  For more info about switching from
PUMP to dhcpcd - http://www.scrounge.org/linux/dhcpcd.html

If you can - try to run dhcpcd from shell.  If that doesnt work - you've got to go
back to windows and snag the RPM of dhcpcd (or the source).

Jason