DSL update

jhillman@diamondcs.net jhillman@diamondcs.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:28:32 -0400

> Have I mentioned lately that I HATE Amertitech.  I think I need to say
> it again.  I HATE Ameritech. I HATE Ameritech. I HATE
> Ameritech. I HATE
> Ameritech!

Oh, the stories I could tell... ;)

> > > Any news from that pesky ILEC we all love to hate?
> > >
> > > In Michigan the legislature just approved a $1
> > million
> > > fine on Ameritech because of their slow servce.
> > >
> > > Please keep bugging them.  We need our DSL very
> > badly.

Not to be pedantic, but I thought that the telecom board in the State
Senate had approved a measure which would allow the PSC to assess fines
up to $1m to any telco that falls below the 36-hour response time in a
given month.  My understanding is that it the State House is set to
take up discussion of it as soon as they get back in session (if
they're not already).  I agree that the ILEC in question has a long way
to go to get back to that 36-hour time frame.  Like I said, the stories
I could tell... =)

BTW, what speeds/feeds are you getting with your DSL service and how
much are they charging you for it?  If you don't mind sharing, that
is...

Just to keep it on topic, will you be getting a single IP and doing NAT
via Linux box?

Regards,

--
John R. Hillman