DSL update

Bert David davidber@msu.edu
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:49:44 -0400

Wow!  am i glad to know that ameritech got a fine, but it's just not as big
as it should be.  You probably won't be getting dsl service in the lansing
area at least until next year.  I had talked to an ameritech representative,
and that's what she told me.  It's sucks, but it's true.  I think all of the
companies depend on Ameritech someway or another for the service.  It's sad.
I think I'll join you... 'I hate ameritech'

As far as cable modem service:
ATT was supposed to get cable modem in lansing area by the end of october.
They stuck with that story last friday, when I went into their office and
asked them about it, mentioning they had a meeting just that thursday and
the word still being the end of october.  A friend of mine just call on
monday, and guess what?  They hope now to get service out by the end of the
year!  ...wondering if they stick to that...

What's also sad is that where I live in lansing, I can't even get isdn
service :(

oh well...
bert david
davidber@msu.edu