GLLUG meeting topics

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:35:32 -0400

>In the "real" world of multi-platforms, I am very interested.  Here at
JNL we are running DOS, W95, W98, various editions on NT 4 wkstn and
Server, W2K professional (can server be far behind?), NW 4.x, NW 5, AIX,
>Solaris, IBM mainframe...and two Red Hat Linux boxes tucked away
somewhere...

>All that to say, I'd like to know how inter-platform operability works on
Linux.

        The short answer is that Linux can connect as a client to any of
those platforms and
        can emulate your NT/2K, Novell, and NFS servers.  It really is a
"black box" when
        it comes to connecting network platforms together.  Did I mention
it'll do AppleTalk, too? :-)

PaulM