ZF Linux MachZ PC/104 Board

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 02:42:16

I managed to get my hands on a MachZ-based PC/104 board through my work for
an interesting little project of mine.  I'm running Debian 2.2r2 on it right
now with plans to move to a home-brew distribution soon.  The board is
manufactured by Tri-M systems (www.tri-m.com) and is a pretty sweet little
number.

It has a single SO-DIMM slot, one IDE channel, 2 serial, 1 parallel, ps/2 kb
+ mouse, 1 USB, 1 gameport, a pc speaker, 2 LED's, a reset switch, and it
works great!

I was really suprised at the speed of the little bugger...  I haven't run
any official benchmarks on it yet, but it is snappy and responsive.  I am
running it @ 133Mhz and will be clocking it down after I get everything set
up and running.  Most likely it will run at 100 or 66Mhz.  Even at 133Mhz,
it runs at about room/body temp so it's not hot to the touch at all.  No
Heatsink, or fan.  Nice.

I'm prototyping the system using a regular AT power supply, an ISA expander
from the PC/104 bus, and a graphics card box (in the grand tradition of the
pizza box file server).  If anyone's interested I can bring in the whole
system to a GLLUG meeting...  It's fun to play around with.

--Tim