Window managers

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
11 Apr 2001 10:25:40 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:53:26PM -0400:
> > (Next thing you know, Emacs will include a built-in X window
> > manager, so that there's no need to run any other apps.)
>
> I can just see someone sitting down to work at Ben's computer
> in the future, with an Emacs-like window manager, and having
> absolutely no clue how to get anything done... ;)

"Whaddaya mean `C-x 5 o' is an unintuitive way to switch
desktops?  Makes perfect sense to me."

"How do you arrange for placement of new windows?  Just type an
elisp expression for where you want them to appear..."

"Window animation?  Hahaha, we've got something even better:
dancing sexps!"

"I'm sorry sir, that program's not GPL'd, so it's not allowed to
display a window under EmacsWM."
--
"doe not call up Any that you can not put downe."
--H. P. Lovecraft