FreeBSD ifconfig options

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 22:10:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Don Flynn wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Mike Szumlinski wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to find out what flag to use when doing this.  I tried this:
> >
> > su-2.04# ifconfig lnc0 media 100baseTX
> >
>      As far as I know, that is the proper flag, I know it didn't kick up
> any errors when I tried it.  Of course, I'm using a different card.
>
> <host># ifconfig fxp0 media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
> <host>#
>
>      Anyhow, when I checked out the fxp driver man page it does list
> '100baseTX' and 'full-duplex' under supported media and media options.  Is
> it possible that those options aren't supported for the lnc?

Might be possible, use ifconfig lnc0 to see possible values. the syntax
you used for fxp0 should apply to all nic drivers assuming they support
the modes specified.  Also, something which might not seem obvious; if you
want to force half-duplex instead of full, just specify the media and not
mediaopt.