[MP3 cd's... ]

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:24:47 -0400

Quoted from Matt Graham on Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 05:55:25PM -0400:
> Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> wrote:
> >     * Watch how folder and file names are displayed.
>
> This can be useful information; my Apex DVD player will play MP3 CDs, but only
> displays the ISO9660 8+3 filenames (grump).  An interesting test could be to
> try this out with a CD that has Rock Ridge and not Joliet extensions, or has
> plain ISO9660 with the TRANS.TBL hack in place, and see if the player can
> still pick out the long filenames.

I was thinking along the lines of, "Hopefully they'll display the
folder and file names in English text, as opposed to say, Sanskrit
or binary."  Beyond that, one would hope that they would implement
the ability to read the song titles from the MP3 itself...

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org