Uninstall / Reinstall

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:25:13 -0400

>The customer support I have received from Corel has been less than what I
had hoped.
>What is the best way to uninstall Corel Linux 2.2 and then install RedHat
Linux without reformatting or fdisking?
>Thanks.

Seems to me that you should be able to keep your existing partition
configuration, but the RedHat install process will want to reformat them.
You can skip that step of the install and just overwrite everything, but
you run the risk of having things in /etc, /lib, and /var muck up your
configuration.  Since Corel Linux is based on Debian, I don't see how you
can cleanly switch from that to RedHat.  My recommendation would be to
make a backup of the files you want to keep and let RedHat run `mkfs`
during the install.

PaulM