scsi as hda

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
30 Apr 2001 16:09:11 -0400

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> Yeah well the machine is half way around the world but I am pretty certain it
> is a scsi drive because it also has a scsi scanner attached to it. The
> controller is an aha152x. Does this always load as module? It doesn't show up.

No, it could be compiled into the kernel, I used to do this.  I
think I still remember the LILO append= line for it in fact...

Just because a machine has a SCSI scanner doesn't mean it can't
have IDE drives too.  The box I'm typing this on has SCSI HDDs
and an IDE CD-ROM.

> It's a very old machine with LX440B motherboard/chipset. It's darn confusing.
>
> On the one hand I trust my friend to be able to differentiate a scsi from ide
> drive but on the other hand it showing up as ide drive makes me wonder....

If it shows up as IDE then the most likely explanation is that
it's an IDE drive.
--
"How could this be a problem in a country
 where we have Intel and Microsoft?"