Fwd: Adobe should pay for Dmitry Sklyarov's defense

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:07:56

Ms. Campbell:

A highly respected member of my local Linux Users Group (www.gllug.org) has
CCd this message to the group's mailing list.  I have read it, and agree
entirely.  I pledge to not use Adobe products in any way until Mr..
Sklyarov is home with his wife and children, and is perhaps compensated for
his troubles.

Your treatment of Mr.. Sklyarov in this case has not only been an attack on
personal liberty, but an attack on academic freedom, technological
advancement, and legitimate peer review.  This kind of behavior simply can
not and will not be tolerated.

Timothy Edward Schmidt