[Re: [rays and media]]

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:29:14 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:14:01AM -0400:
> Matt Graham <danceswithcrows@usa.net> writes:
>
> > Of course, there's not that much space in a multi-bay.  The real
> > terrorists are working on strange mishmashes of parts, like a screen and
> > keyboard from a modern laptop hooked to a QNX build on a CompactFlash card
> > and a hacked-together video adapter.
>
> *gasp* You mean... you mean... TERRORISTS USE NON-FREE SOFTWARE?
> These people are so socially conscious they're willing to kill
> over it, but they're willing to submit their freedom to the whim
> of a non-free software vendor?  What if the operating system has
> a bug that prevents the untimely death of hundreds of people?
> Then the terrorists won't be able to do much about it, unless
> they can afford to pay the vendor to fix it for them.  Using QNX
> for your bomb could be a real non-fatal mistake.
>
> There's only one way out of this.  I propose to begin development
> of a free software package for terrorist bombing.  We can corner
> the market here if we work fast.  Our free terrorism software can
> be both faster and more featureful than proprietary alternatives,
> with lower total cost of ownership (TCO).  We will of course
> include internationalization for a wide variety of traditional
> terrorist languages, as well as convenient console and graphical
> user interfaces.  I also think we should support a variety of
> kernels and distributions, such as Bomux, Debian GNU/Bomb, and
> FreeBombSD, not to mention the security-oriented distribution
> OpenBombSD.
>
> --
> Yeah, this *is* a joke.

As far as "console and graphical user interfaces" goes, for the
command-line types, you have "rm -rf 'flight 207'", and for the
GUI types you have a "point and explode" interface.

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org